Experience has taught us that getting breastfeeding off to a good start is not always as simple as it should be – hence it is advisable to feed the baby at the clinic for professional assistance in achieving a good, deep, pain free latch.
We like to see our newborn babies between day 3-7, however if there are latching problems or pain it is advisable to see these mothers and babies as soon as possible.
We advocate skin to skin for all our newborns. There are many positive benefits but it ultimately leads to more successful breastfeeding outcomes and a stable, happy newborn baby.
We weigh, measure and examine each baby and observe a feed. Milestones are checked and referrals are made to appropriate professionals if needed, e.g. paediatricians, chiropractors, dieticians, occupational therapists etc.
Breast milk banking
Breast pump demonstrations
Safe, organic skin care
One early evening clinic a week for the working parent
Home visits in specialised cases
Sales of a variety products
The Antenatal Classes are presented on a Wednesday evening on ZOOM (online platform) from 19:00 – 21:00pm.
The classes consists of five (5) sessions. Some of the topics that are covered include:
- Preparing for birth and parenthood
- What to expect when giving birth
- Taking care of the newborn
The aim of the antenatal classes is to:
- Empower pregnant couples
- Help Parents-To-Be understand one another’s feelings / expectations around the pregnancy, birth and life after
- Facilitate open communication with hospital caregivers
- Facilitate appreciation that pregnancy, birth and breastfeeding is normal and healthy
- Prepare couples for “life after pregnancy”
The cost for the antenatal classes is R1000.00 for the complete course per couple and can be claimed back from Medical Aid (depending on your Medical Aid benefits).
Please email Doriska for more info. firstname.lastname@example.org